RC Baseball Board Meeting Minutes
Wayne Dodson Chris Dibble
Amy Vandrey Mike Wharton
Steve Howell Derek Vandrey
Kevin Walker Christine Allen
- Minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed, no corrections.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Started with 2120.30 in checking
- Paid bills of 1657.98 (Rankins, Verizon, REC, State Tournament)
- Checking balance of 462.32
- Mary later emailed me that she was depositing $725 from recent registrations which would bring our balance to 1187.32
- Then the fees for Babe Ruth would be due soon estimating $2100.
- Letters have been mailed out to previous year sponsors.
- Fund Raising
- Going to hold a Little Ceasar’s fundraiser for the Spring. Will issue to coaches/parents on draft day.
- TSS has been contacted to provide picture services again. No date set
- Will hold a Parents Division of Pitch, Hit and Run as a pure profit fundraiser. PHR is scheduled for Sunday April 27th.
- Opening Day - Spring 2014
- Wayne and Kevin will talk with the neighbors to see if we can use their fields for parking. If so, we will consider reverting to having everyone introduced at once.
- If not we will use last year’s method again.
- Request from Virginia Thunder 14U Travel Team
- Discussed request from this team to fall under our tax-exempt status and use our fields.
- Ultimately decided this was not in the best interest of RC Baseball as this would likely eliminate any 13-15 team for the 2nd straight year.
- We offered that we would accept the request if they registered as a 13-15 team and play a minimum amount of Babe Ruth games. They declined.
- Misc Items
- Draft Day
- Sunday March 9th at 2PM
- Rookies and up will stay on teams from last year. Will only draft new players and those moving up.
- If a division is totally out of balance, all teams will be re-drafted.
- Rookies playing on Major/Minor fields
- Works very well in the Fall. Need to schedule games to keep Rookies up by the concession stand.
- Will still need to practice and maintain the Rookie field to keep it from falling apart.
- Batting cages
- Talked about installing batting/pitching cages in the Ruritan building. Need a leader/budget/timeline and a plan.
- Wayne is contacting different uniform vendors for the upcoming season.
- Upcoming Dates
- Feb 16th – In person Sign up at Stuart 2-4PM
- March 1st – Field Day
- March 2nd – 3PM Board Meeting, 4PM Coaches meeting
- March 9th – Draft Day, 2PM
- Opening Day – April 5th
- July 10th – Start of 10U State Tournament at Stuart.